Monday, December 05, 2005

You must've been a beautiful baby

At first, when my mom started browsing through my baby pictures this weekend, I was upset. First off, with the tabloids constantly hounding me, it's safe to assume you will see many of my baby snapshots in US Weekly, The Enquirer, Star Mag, Ok!, etc. I always feel so violated when they print private things about me!

After I looked through them with her, however, I realized it is probably important...no, critical that people see these! I was adorable! I promise, you will live a more fulfilling life after seeing the beautiful, beautiful, precious baby named Kukka-Maria.



Aren't we all glad I grew into those ears? This was the day I went to the vet for the first time. They had tested for ear mites (that's why my ears looked so oily and clean), taken my temperature for the first time (I don't even want to tell you where they stuck the thermometer), and gave me a general work-up.



This is me and mom taking a nap. It was so toasty sleeping in the bibs. Last week, I tried the same thing, but mom wouldn't have it. Something about her not being able to breathe
with my "excess weight." Whatever...



This is after a solid afternoon of play. Mom bought TONS of toys for me. Clearly, they did the trick! I was exhausted!



This is one of my first meals. I talk a lot about wanting to return to my lost empire, but I do have a confession to make: When I was still in my homeland, I was being fed human baby food rice. I KNOW...how terrible! When I arrived at my new home and tasted real cat food, I can not tell you how happy I was. After my first meal, I joined my new mom on the couch and walked around and around her head, purring and rubbing against her, to show her my appreciation. She thought about naming me "Cabeza" (Spanish for "head") because of that, but then realized, after getting to know me better, I needed a more regal name.



I used to play and sleep on my mom's old PURDUE sweatshirt. WOW! I was so tiny and cute! I know...there is a smart-ass out there saying, "You were so cute! What happened, Kukka?"

I GOT EVEN CUTER!


By the way, if you happen upon my brother, Brach, please don't tell him about this gorgeous display. He would be jealous that I'm getting so much attention. That always happens with felines of inferior physical beauty...

6 comments:

Scooby, Shaggy & Scout said...

You were such a gorgeous little girl!! We can tell you like the camera too! Thanks for sharing.

Derby said...

Ssuch big food bowls for a little kitty. You coulda drowned! Mum doesn't have baby pictures of me since I was already grown up when adopted.

DEBRA said...

Just beautiful! Love the shot of her in your bib!!!!

PJ said...

You grew up to be such a beautiful cat, but I'll bet your Mommy wish she could have kept you little a while longer

Miss Kitty said...

Oh Kukka-Marie, what a beautiful kitten you were. I'm surprised that battles were not waged over who would become your servant-for-life. I hope that your human realizes how lucky she is.

Fiona Bun said...

So cute! Binkies!