Thursday, January 05, 2006

Does the cape come with the outfit?

In 2006, I've decided to dedicate my life to my super-hero destiny. From now on, my secret (or not-so-secret, since I'm publishing it here) identity is: The Tamponator!

I've recently become fascinated with pulling tampons from the box under the bathroom sink, carrying--and subsequently leaving them throughout the house. The Agent keeps the box behind TP Mountain under the bathroom vanity, so I have had to work really hard to obtain 'pons.

After the first time I carried one into the livingroom, The Agent shrieked, laughed and returned it to the box. She firmly closed the box, thinking she had outsmarted me.

She had not.

Moments later, I broke back into the vanity, opened the box, removed a tampon, flung it out of the vanity and carried it back into the livingroom--like a dog would carry a bone.

"If you knew what those were used for, Kukka, you sure wouldn't want them in your mouth!" laughed The Agent. After that, she moved them to the linen closet.

Ah, you underestimate me, Agent...

Last night, when she opened the linen closet to remove the vacuum, I creeped in the closet and waited. When the vacuum whir started, I jumped upon the shelf, found the box of little delights and tore it open. In fact, I actually whipped it off of the shelf, littering tampons all over the closet floor. It was all fun and games--batting wrapped tampons around the closet with my paws--until I looked up and noticed mom, hands on her hips, scowling at me.

Yes, I am The Tamponator. Now I just need to figure out whether I should use my powers for good or evil...

UPDATE: Rhett was kind enough to share the photos of him and his 'pon. If she can see me through all the steam coming out of her ears, I think I'll ask my mom to try to get some pictures of me and my tampon the next time around.

You know there will be a next time around, don't you?

20 comments:

moseskitty said...

Good or evil? I'm surprised you have to think about it. I buried my halo in the litterbox YEARS ago.

Scooby, Shaggy & Scout said...

Kukka-Marie you are awesome in your single-mindedness. You ae quite the cunning cat. Way to go!

Kukka-Maria said...

Moses: I know, I know! I was just saying that "good or evil" comment to APPEAR like I was deliberating. You and I both know where I stand...

SS&S: Thank you for the great compliment! I pride myself on my ability to outsmart my mother. It's so easy to do now, that I'm having to work harder to get the same rush!

Rhett said...

I know a good cat toy when I see one too.
http://heckyeah.net/images/notatoy.htm
Yur furriend, Rhett

Kukka-Maria said...

HILARIOUS, Rhett! Fortunately for my mom, I didn't get it unwrapped, but that's the general idea!

I hope this doesn't mean I must share my title of The Tamponator...

Derby said...

Oh my I haven't found any of those in my house. But I do take off with the nail boards.

Fiona Bun said...

Lando and I LOVE LOVE LOVE to shread those things as well. Mom just screams when we do it. Binkies Baby!

The Meezers said...

Sammy loves to carry them around the house too - he steals them from the bafroom and mommys purse.

PrincessMia said...

KM, you have found a way to torment your bean to no end. Fabulous!

Musette said...

KM, how could I have missed you in 2005? I'm glad I found you in 2006, so I can read your sassy take on life.

Musette said...

And, having perused your photos, I have to agree - we're obviously related to some degree! There are precious few mackerel tabbies blogging, let alone ones who have gingery brothers!

Knightly, Lizzie, & Firenze said...

Kukka-Maria,

I think that our Mom has lost it while reading your entry for today. She was doubled over and laughing hysterically. She's gotten really red in the face and we're not sure is she's breathing properly. She say she loves your new name.

The Monsters

Kukka-Maria said...

K, L & F:
Keep a close eye on your mom! I would hate to see you have to use 'pons on her (I say this not really being clear what they are supposed to be used for, but my mom says she can not live without them, so they must be important).

PleadingThe5th said...

I like to play with Q-Tips, fresh from the trash. Those ear-wax coated jewels are the best! Emory boards are cool, too. I never considered the fun potential of tampons, though. Probly cuz I can't open the cupboard they're stored in.

Edsel/The Pooch said...

kukka-marie - your are obviously very wise and cunning to be able to get in cupboards like that! Bravo!!

Timmy said...

All Hail Queen Kukka Marie, the tamponator!!! Momma laughed really hard at this. But I don't get why? What's a tampon? I've never hearded of this a'fore...shmaybe I should investigate the dresser more thoroughly...wha?? Oh Momma just tolded me if I tried it, the outcome would be very bad.

Bugsy said...

OK I am taking notes - you are the Queen - I bow down to you! My mum would have a pink fit if I did that. Hmmmmm might be worth it. Hmmmmm

William said...

My mom thought this was so funny, although I didn't get it. I'd much rather have a q-tip any day of the week...I think...

Zeus said...

My human pet took it as a sign that Isis was 'brilliant' (laughs deeply) when she watched them expand in the water bowl.

I took it to mean I had to get clean water.

I suppose only females, both feline and human, understand the fascination for I am lost.

K T Cat said...

I have yet to try this one. Instead, I pester the bean incessantly by pounding on the door to the study when he is reading with the rodent.