Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ugh...with the NICKNAMES!

This morning my mother thought she would be oh-so-clever by giving me a new nickname. Several new nicknames, actually!
  • After she pressed the snooze button 3 times, I decided to wake her up by getting up on the dresser and pawing at yesterday's newspaper and some random receipts she had pulled from her pants pockets the night before. She sat up in bed, looked at me and exclaimed, "OK, RUSSELL! I get it...I'm getting up now!! Stop rustling those papers!"
  • When I was digging in the litter box this morning, she walked by and said, "Could you be any louder, DIRK DIGLER?"
  • When she was in the shower and I peeked around the curtain to make sure she was doing well, she shreiked "Whoa...TOM!! Peep much?"
  • As she was packing her lunch for work, I started to whine for treats. "All you think about is filling your stomach, PHIL..."

She says she is so cute and clever. Are those the same as ANNOYING?

8 comments:

George, Tipper, Max & Misty said...

Ha! Humans think they're so clever. You need not respond to any of these names. Do not give even the slightest ear flick or whisker twitch!

The Meezers said...

The Crew is right - don't respond to those names. It might not work though, 'acause Mommy still calls Sammy Sam-a-lam-a-ding-dong and he just stares at her doesn't respond, but SHE thinks she is so clever.

Kukka-Maria said...

You guys are right on the money! It won't matter whether or not I respond, though. She will think she is soooooo cute anyway.

I mean, COME ON! She couldn't even get the gender right in coming up with this lousy nicknames! Russell, Dirk Digler, Tom and Phil? I'm a girl for meowing out loud!

William said...

Sadly, faux cuteness in moms is nothing we can cure. When my mom calls me Billiam, I make a face.

Patches & Mittens said...

Hey, tomorrow I am giving directions on how to get to our nap a thon, easy, fast, and nobody will know you am gone.

Derby said...

Your mum's brain musta not kicked in very well picking those names. Ughh.

Patches & Mittens said...

Mom calls me Patchy Noodle....how bout that? Isn't that about the most disrespectful name you have ever heard of? And she does it in fronts of peoples!!!

So cited bout the nap a thon tomorrow...see you there!!

beingmccrary said...

Yes, they are exactly the same. AND, I'm just glad it was TOM P. looking through the shower curtain. I was confused for a moment.