Monday, February 06, 2006

Who is the QUEEN? I'll give you one guess...

Again, I used brute-force to get my way (or, as I like to think of it, restore the natural balance of the universe). It's not that I don't think I should have to work hard to get what I rightly deserve (which is totally true, by the way). It's because one of these days I'm going to break a nail because I repeatedly have to rough up a cat--who shall remain nameless--because he can not seem to grasp the chain of command.

Here is a photo of me, sleeping in the new bed Mom bought for me (ok, she says it's for both Brach and I, but an independent study performed by me indicates she is certifiably insane, so you can pretty much discard anything she says beyond "Do you want treats?"). I apologize for the graininess of the photo. It was taken by paparazzi--with a cell phone camera. Damn the paparazzi! I shake my paw in their general direction!!


Pre-story:
Brach was sleeping soundly in my new bed. I saw him from across the room and decided to remedy the situation. I went over, began bathing his face with my kisses, then stood on him with all of my weight until he relinquished the throne.

A little while later, after I had bathed myself and had gotten snuggly, he approached the bed and tried to join me. I growled and hissed at him. He got the message and proceeded to sleep next to my throne on the floor--where he belongs.

Life is grand, I tell you...it's good to be The Empress!

5 comments:

Fat Eric said...

Poor Brach! I'm thinking of opening a shelter for ginger kitties being abused by their megalomaniac sisters! He's just too sweet-natured for his own good...

beingmccrary said...

Kukka,
I am very upset to learn that your own MOTHER bought you a bed to SHARE you your brother? And why is that plain color? I would expect something a little more "throne" like....unless you love it, then I love it too.

Patches & Mittens said...

You go girl! That is just what I do to Mittens and it works every time....Mom says I am mean, no she has that completely wrong.....I am Queen Patches.......

Derby said...

Brach, ignore the hissy-fits and sit on top of her. You gotta let her know that former empress or not, she has to learn manners. She won't ever get to be a tuxie if she doesn't really learn manners and tries to fake it.

William said...

But I see where Brach got to be closer to the heat register, and everybody knows that's the best place to be. So who REALLY wins, Kukka?