Thursday, March 23, 2006

They're called "Womanly Curves"

Since I posted the photo of myself trying to get into the laundry closet on Monday, I've been inundated with questions about my weight by the media.

"From the rear, Kukka-Maria, it looks like you've gained a few pounds. Do you fear designers will steer away from using your rotund figure in print ads and on the runway?"

"You used to be so svelte, Kukka! Are you on hiatus from looking gorgeous?"

"Do you fear that kittens who look up to you will try to emulate your...generous figure and put their bodies at risk by gorging on cat kibble, treats and any people food they can seem to get their pudgy, little paws on like you--their idol?"

"Kukka-Maria. You. Are. Fat. What gives, porky?"

My official response: "Suck it! I have a little junk in my trunk--deal with it! It's actually a good thing! Carrying around extra weight is helping me develop some fierce thigh muscles! And remember: The camera adds 10 pounds!"

When my mom hears me say that last part, she laughs and reminds me what Chandler from Friends said to Monica when she said the same thing regarding home video footage from her childhood:

"Ahh, so how many cameras are actually on you?"

Bite me, Mom...

17 comments:

Fat Eric said...

You look very svelte to me Kukka. Don't let anyone tell you to diet, you look fine to me. I bet if you were sitting next to me you would look positively skinny.

Derby said...

You look mahvelous, Kukka.

Max said...

Hey, your tummy isn't pooled around your back paws. THEN you'd be fat!

Puss said...

Kukka,
Meow-sing with me..."I Like Big Butts And I Cannot Lie, You Other Brothers Can't Deny...

P/s I know for a fact Buddy LOVES a bit of "Junk in the Trunk"!

Patches & Mittens said...

Well, honestly.....I see nothing wrong......we all put on a few pounds as we get older, but actually it is just "filling out," no need to look anorexic, then your face is hollow so your whiskers droop and your tail gets all limpy.

Buddy said...

Kukka,
Your curves are beautiful and feminine. Have I mentioned how sleek I am?

Crews' Views said...

Dear, it just means more of you to love! And we all do - love you, that is.

Knightly, Lizzie, & Firenze said...

I have those womanly curves too. Someone once told me that it makes me Rubenesque not fat!

~Lizzie

Les Trois Chats said...

Lookin' good, girlfriend! I am curvy, too. We can't all look sleek like Nala. We are just built to be curvy. (Mom thought of that Chandler quip too, when she was reading. Not funny, mom, not funny.)

~ turtle

William said...

My mom says that's just experience showing. Who wants a skinny girlfriend anyway?

PrincessMia said...

KM, you look fantastic, and um, Buddy has written a love poem for you. He's laying it on thick, girl.

Buddy said...

Miss Kukka
You crack me up. Btw a little change in diet can help with flatulence. :)

sassy said...

Oh what a cute blog!

And I think you're voluptuous - not fat! ; )

Kukka-Maria said...

Buddy: Buddy! My poetic flatulence confession was a private (albeit visible) comment on YOUR site. If you want the key to my heart, you need to learn to not blab my personal intestinal issues to my fans! If you have loose lips, how will you hold up against the tabloid media? William and Moose fiercely guard my privacy...look to them for guidance.

Any tomcat in my stable must learn that a stern "NO COMMENT" is a good response to probing questions like, "Does Kukka-Maria fart a lot? If she does, do they smell like roses?" :)

DEBRA said...

Kukka

Curves are suppose to be on a woman of your stature. Pleasingly plump is a royal state.

**ABBY(the manx)

beingmccrary said...

Kukka,
Am I the only human that ever leaves a comment? Eh, who cares? I love your blog.

AND, Kukka-Maria, I have increased my daily calorie intake just to look like you so please never change!

Bonnie said...

My dear girl, I think you look fantastic! I think Gemini strives to emulate you!