Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Knitting, Schmitting!

To avoid emulation by my young and impressionable fans, my publicist feels "bullying my brother" needs to be removed from my hobbies list and replaced with a more "productive" activity. In an attempt to become well-rounded (I'll thank you to not make a fat joke at this point), I thought I would take up knitting.

My technique needs some work, but I'm a huge fan of having the needle rubbed against my face.





And my neck...




And, because Mom won't let me actually eat the yarn, I thoroughly enjoy drenching it with my saliva to completely gross her out!





I have to admit, knitting is sort of fun, but not as fun as bullying my brother!

I can't tell you what I'm making because, quite honestly, I prefer lying on the pattern book over actually following a pattern. I predict, though, with dedication and a solid investment of time into having my face and neck rubbed with the sticks, some sort of knitted delight will come out of it!

15 comments:

PrincessMia said...

Sounds fabulous, dahling. I don't think I'll ever get the pleasure of the knitting needle. I heard that my mom tried to learn to knit from her mom many moons ago, and never got the hang of it. Maybe one day....

beingmccrary said...

Kukka,
Please be careful with that yarn in your mouth…do you need to be reminded of a certain situation with your own brother?? I can’t even look at the picture!

Kukka-Maria said...

True, True...beingmccrary!

Brach's fascination with string has been a problem in the past. The difference between he and I is that I can stop whenever I want...

George, Tipper, Max & Misty said...

With 3 of us here, Mom has completely given up any hope of knitting or crocheting any more.

The Wonder Kittens said...

Wow- that's some knitting!

We wish our mom would let us take up knitting... she won't let us near sting not attached to a toy.

Gemini said...

I wish my mom would crochet more.. it's fun... Now how about something a bit nicer than bullying your brother.. like "training" him to treat you as you see fit?

Remember it's all packaging.

Ayla said...

Um...why did your publicist make you take off "bullying your brother" as a hobby? I think that's a perfectly good hobby. Keeps me in shape. :)

Derby said...

The other night mum was working on her cro-shay. I chewed through the yarn. HEHE. But she wasn't too happy about that.

Scooby, Shaggy & Scout said...

Kukka you could probably make some stunning pieces...might make a tidy profit on the Kukka Originals.

Sara said...

Kukka,
we also find that batting at the needles can be quite effective as well.

signed,
Topper, Arnold, Bat, and Ash

DEBRA said...

Kukka Darling

You only need design your own creations. Think of the all the wonderful things you can do for the kitties of the world!

**ABBY

one of us said...

Anofur way to help your agent knit, is to pick up the yarn in your mouth and walk off with it... this pulls it from the needles and causes quite a stir and much fun to watch the results. ~Ko Ko

Jacob the Syrian Hamster said...

Great photos! I sent you a link for this one.

Bonnie Underfoot said...

Way back when I was a wee kitten, my woman tried cross-stitch. I loved it, but for some reason, she stopped. I remember her yelling, "Bonnie, no, drop that, don't eat my string." So I bit the strings in two and slobbered on them.

Victor Tabbycat said...

The boy is learning "latch hook" but the yarn is little short bits an he won't let me play. Mom says she learned knitting once. Her pot holder became a short scarf, then a longer and longer scarf... because she didn't know how to cast off. Knitting needles look fun to chase!