Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Finally! Proof that Dogs Eat Cats

Have you ever seen the photo depicting both an old woman and a young woman--depending on your perspective?

When you look one way, you can see an old woman, looking down and to the left, with a bonnet on her head.

When you study the photo further, you can see a young woman looking to the left and away--her back turned to us. The old woman's mouth is now the young woman's necklace and the wart on the old woman's nose is now the young woman's nose.

The same thing can be done with this image I've been seeing all over the place. It is the logo for VPI Pet Insurance.

If you look at the logo one way, you see a dog, looking to the right (his left...I may only be a cat, but I know my right from left) and a cat sitting in front of him, looking directly at us.

On second glance (or first glance for me--every time I see this logo), you see a dog eating a cat. The left side and top of the cat's head become the outline of the opening of the dog's mouth as he devours the pretty, ginger kitty.

Bad dog! Bad!


DISCLAIMER: While VPI Pet Insurance has never come out and stated such, it is probably safe to say they do not encourage consumption of felines by canines. And it's not just because they don't want to pay out benefits when this does happen. It's because they are, by all accounts, good people.

13 comments:

The Meezers said...

OMG! Mommy has that insurance for US! Does that mean we are going to get eaten by a woofie?

Kukka-Maria said...

Sleep with one eye open, Meezers. You can never be too cautious.

On the upside, if you do get maimed by a dog, I'm sure VPI will cover it!

William said...

I never noticed that before! Thanks, Kukka, for letting me know. I'm going to tell my mom, "Don't be spending my trust money on companies that promote cat eating."

DEBRA said...

UGH...dog eatin cats...dat not good. NOT good at all!

*ABBY

Cheysuli said...

This is no doubt another attempt by the doggywood people to lower cats to a level below dogs! Do you see a dog running for president? Do you see dogs blogging and chatting away like this? Okay,so there are few but not as many as cats!

=^..^= said...

Hahaha! You're absolutely right! What a very clever and observant Empress you are!

~5-Cat Style

Maggie & Molly said...

Oh I am glad momma has GEICO...all they have is a lizard. I hope lizards don't eat cats.

Kukka-Maria said...

Squilliam, you made me think about VPI and what they stand for. I added a disclaimer, because I don't want them to sue me for all the treats I have (I don't have money like you) because they thought I was bad-mouthing them!

I gotsta have my treats, baby...

Ayla said...

Hmmm...don't see the old lady in the picture, but that is definitely a dog eating a cat. Bah. Who came up with that logo? Must've been one of those dog-lover types.

P.S. Kukka, can you come to my site and help me and the Mom decide what's she's going to paint on her mortar board for graduation? She doesn't like my ideas and I'm getting frustrated.

Patches & Mittens said...

The Mom says that picher of that woman/girl is just way to weird and will probably give her nightmares tonight, along with the dog eating the cat.

Patches Lady

Zeus said...

I smell conspiracy. I am never going to trust anyone again! Thank you, Kukka, for providing this startling insight!

Cruxley said...

Interesting. Makes you wonder what the VPI marketing folks have against cats.
My folks don't have that kind of insurance. Ever since the vet had to put Miss Kitty to sleep, he has had a soft spot for them. Or maybe he is just afraid they will both start crying again and make him look bad. So he puts them on an extension plan and gives them discounts.

K T Cat said...

Empress, I'm afraid you've got that wrong. The picture is of a cat with a satisfied look after just having kicked the dog's butt and the dog, with it's eyes closing into unconsciousness, just about to all over backwards.