Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sigh...

I'd blog today, but I'm too depressed.

My good friends Brad and Angelina had their baby girl over the weekend and did not, as promised, name her Kukka-Maria. As a result, I am forced to declare a secret fight with them (so secret, they do not even know about it).

There is nothing I both love and loathe more than a secret fight.

To lessen the sting of the naming outrage, Brad did call and request I fly to Namibia so I could be one of the first to give Shiloh headbutts and nuzzlins (which I would have been, had my mother not demonstrated such blatant selfishness by refusing to take me to renew my passport--insisting I didn't have a passport to renew in the first place). The more I stew on this, though, the more I perceive Brad's "generous" invitation as a feeble attempt to placate me.

Boo, Brad Pitt. Boo...

Despite the fact that Shiloh is a pretty name and means "peaceful one," I just don't get why they wouldn't want to name their baby Kukka, which means "flower" and Maria, which some believe means "the perfect one," while others believe means "bitter" and "rebellious." I'm with the former.

Considering my romantic history with Brad, our subsequent strong friendship, and his admission to harboring undying, lingering love for me, I know it must be Angelina who refused to bestow my regal name on their baby. Jealousy doesn't look good on you, Ange.

Boo, Angelina Jolie. Boo...

Secret fight on!

12 comments:

The Meezers said...

oh, when we hearded about it yesterday, we said that we bet Kukka is going to be mad 'acause they didn't name the baby after her. Stupid Angelina.

PrincessMia said...

You tell her, sisfur! Poor Angelina is not going to know what hit her.

Zeus said...

I always thought that Angelina homo sapien had something up her butt, but now, there is clearly no doubt. Don't worry about it, Kukka - sooner or later, they'll realize they messed with the wrong feline.

Gemini said...

That was mean Kukka! Your name is much much purrtier! I mean if they named her after you, the name must mean "Perfect flower," as you are the perfect flower of cats.

DEBRA said...

Kukka

There is only one Kukka darling and that is YOU. I know it would have been a nice gesture if Brad had named his daughter after you but, how could she have lived up to your standards? It would have been impossible. I am sure he realized this and had to convince Angie Baby NOT to name her after you! No one could ever replace the original and Kukka is you!

*ABBY

George, Tipper, Max & Misty said...

You can find comfort and solace in the fact that your devoted subjects will always think you're more wonderful & beautiful than baby whats-her-name.

Les Trois Chats said...

You go girl! That baby can't hold a candle to your feline beauty!

Turtle
ps Moose says he will challenge Brad to a fight if you want to avenge your honor. Please tell him no. He'll get creamed. I've seen that Fight Club movie.

Kukka-Maria said...

Turtle, I think you underestimate my Moosey. After all, if he can chew through phone cords, I think he can use those choppers to bring a world of hurt on Mr. Brad Pitt! Keep in mind, he had some burley stunt doubles in Fight Club.

Chatham said...

Move on, girl. He's not good enough for you.

Bonnie Underfoot said...

Kukka, dah-ling, wouldn't it be degrading to haf a mere human bean sharing your delicious name? It's like that old saying, that if you could cross humans wif cats, it would improve humans, but deteriorate the cat!

William said...

Just think of how tortured that kid is going to be with that name when life could've been a breeze as "Kukka-Maria."

Kukka, I think you really ought to write those two off once and for all. You know you weren't that into him anyway.

moseskitty said...

I'll send some of my commandos over the Brad and Angilina's. We'll see what we can do.