Friday, July 14, 2006

Proof that Cats are Smarter than Most Humans

Well, at least we're smarter than the following people responsible for this:

  • Shawn Wayans (writing credit/producer/actor)
  • Marlon Wayans (writing credit/producer/actor)
  • Keenan Ivory Wayans (writing credit/producer/director/should know better)
  • The rest of the producers (who financially backed this drivel, banking on the fact that American movie-goers have such an intellect deficit and such great amounts of disposable income and time, they would flock to the theaters in droves to see this):
    • Rick Alvarez
    • Todd Garner
    • Lee R. Mayes
    • Joe Roth

To the cast of actors/actresses: I forgive you for reading the script, going through a painful audition and spending your valuable time filming it. I get that acting is a tough business (although, I've never had trouble getting on the A-List) and it's difficult to turn down any job--unless you want to keep waiting tables.

To the Wayans Brothers: I forgave you for White Chicks and the Scary Movie series (that seems to go on forever) and this is how you thank me? Plaguing me with a barrage of ridiculous trailers on my television? I will say, sarcastically, you guys sure know how to spin a credible yarn! Not only do I believe a grown man could pass for an infant, I also buy that all of the adults that interact with him are fooled too--in fact, didn't one trailer suggest the "mother" was going to try to breast feed the little man? I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

BRAVO, team! If I could leave the house, I would hang out at the theater tonight to see who falls into this movie's demographic. I am confident there will be no felines attending (and not just because they don't allow us in the theater--something about which I've already written to my congressman).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get that Oscar nom you so deserve!

4 comments:

PrincessMia said...

I know I'm not going to watch it! I'm waiting for Clerks II, or at least my beanmom is.

Zeus said...

There's only one way that those movies even remotely come close to being labeled funny, and that's with either a twelve pack of Heineken or extracurricular smoking activites.

Kukka-Maria said...

Good tips, Zeus...Heineken (which, weirdly enough, while my mom dislikes the taste of beer, she dreamed she loved Heineken last night) and blazing a doobie might be the answer!

Mia, my mom is anxiously awaiting "Talledega Nights," because she loves, loves, LOVES Will Ferrell and Sacha Baron Cohen (Ali G). She'll have to check out Clerks II. She thought the first one was clever.

Victor Tabbycat said...

This movie strikes me like a bad hairball. Painful, embarrassing, and sumfing you'll be glad to be rid of, but embarrassed all ofur agin when you walk past it later. That's when you purrtend you had nofing to do wif it.