Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Goofus and Gallant

We went to the vet recently and, as is common in most doctors' offices, I found the latest issue of Highlights Magazine for Cats.

(Editor's note: Kukka-Maria didn't realize a) the magazine is actually called Highlights for CHILDREN and is not targeting the feline population, and b) the issue she read was from 1978.)

After finishing the "Find the Hidden Objects in this Picture," something caught my eye. It was a cartoon called "Goofus and Gallant." Apparently, it is supposed to teach cats an "important lesson" about inappropriate and appropriate behavior.

Gag.

My agent was with me and, looking over my shoulder, cackled loudly and offered some insight: "There should be a Kukka-Maria and Brach cartoon!"

When we arrived home, she immediatly went to work creating her own "important lesson" comic.

I think it sucks. You be the judge.








She thinks she is soooooo funny. I'm considering hiring a new agent. One who represents me more accurately.

14 comments:

The Meezers said...

wow, in all but one of those pikshurs (about the whining for treats) Sammy is Goofus and I'm Gallant. But, I more than make up for it wif my whining.
Oh, and Kukka, I don't know if I was drunk when I gotted the hik-cups. I can't 'amember what I was doing 'afore mommy gotted home from werk. - Miles.

Kukka-Maria said...

Ah, Miles...blackouts are a dangerous sign. I think we need to stage an intervention!

And, I believe you really are, more like Gallant! Of course, I also believe I am more like Gallant...

Renee said...

You can always do like I did Kukka, I just skipped that page because I didn't need any help being a better purrson. I was already Purrfect!

Gemini said...

I think those are not furry good likenesses, Kukka. You are much purrtier. I doubt anyone would know it was you, unless your name continues to be on it.

George, Tipper, Max & Misty said...

Brach, you're a great guy and we love you, but really, Kukka must do something good sometimes! We know you always try to do your best to help her, and since mothers aren't supposed to play favorites, this must be a vast

(Check one)

1. Right wing
2. Left wing

conspiracy. Your excellent detective work should give us the answer.

Fat Eric said...

The cartoon is a work of genius! Although I'm sure you are being libelled, Kukka. You can't be THAT bad! Can we have more installments some time?

Zeus said...

Your human pet shows so much artistic talent! Her pictures were so insightful and moving with terrific perspective. I also loved the attention to detail she showed by pointing out items that might possibly be misconstrued such as the treats and the prime sleeping place. If she hadn't, I most certainly would have thought they were poop or a butt.

I definitely think you should give your human pet some extra love for being so attentive to detail and creative. You could definitely make a profit off of selling these cartoons to Highlights.

NOLADawn said...

Wow, your mom... er, agent is one talented artist!!! Did she go to art school?? I especially liked how she pointed out those confusing sections!
That is so me and Hugo!
Charlie

WendyWings said...

This could be the start of a whole new comic strip :)

Scooby, Shaggy & Scout said...

We do think it is all a horrible reversal of names Kukka. But do conosider syndication when it all gets straightned out.

William said...

OMG, my mom laughed like a hyena at these! Who knows why.

Samantha said...

I LOVE CATS! hehehe You are so purrrrfectly funny!!!

Carmen said...

but you gotta admit the "not poop" picture is pretty funny.

I quite enjoy the Highlights for Cats as well. I like looking for the hidden pictures. :)

William said...

Hey Kukka! I be taggin' you!