Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thursday Thirteen, Edition #5


The Only Thirteen Words/Phrases
my Agent Thinks I Know
(Clearly, she doesn't read my blog)

1. NO! This is her favorite. Sometimes, I think she says this over and over because she likes the sound of her own voice! "NO, Kukka!" "Kukka, NO!" When she does this, I will stop doing whatever it is I am doing and look at her, causing her think she has blocked my actions. Then, after about 2.5 seconds, I begin again. Making it a little game is the least I can do to enhance her otherwise boring life.

2. Kukka or Kukka-Maria. Despite the fact she often misuses it by coupling it with "NO," "STOP," and "You evil little cat," I find this word to be music to my ears. I have to admit, though (and I will totally deny ever saying this if you breathe a word of it to anyone), when she pairs it with phrases like, "My beautiful, beautiful, precious baby" and "Who's my baby girl...who's my little pumpkin," I melt.

3. Do you want treats? Um...yeah! Every minute of every day! The only thing that made learning this phrase difficult was to try and hear it over all of my crunching.

4. What's that?! Most of the time, this is loudly whispered phrase, used as a trick. A car door (at the neighbors' house) will slam and she will say, "What's that," causing me to run to the door or window. Bitch.

5. Do you want some lovin'? This one is tricky. Most of the time, she means petting and loving from her. I still maintain that one of these days she is going to present me with a hot, hard-bodied stud that will do the job for her. A cat can dream (as she falls asleep while being petted and loved by her agent).

6. We do not bite our feline brothers in this house, young lady! The "you" part of "we" may not, but the "me" part of "we" is all over that shit! (These, of course, are "finger quotes.")

7. Kukka, I'm trying to sleep...please let me sleep! This phrase is typically muttered at 3:00 am, while I am __________________ (fill in the blank with one or more of the following: Knocking things off the nightstand, Knocking things off the dresser, Flicking at the blinds, Plucking at the carpet, Walking on her head, Whining for treats, Rubbing my face on the silk lampshade, Licking said lampshade, Leaping onto the corner cabinet which makes the glass candle holder quake as if it will come toppling down, etc.). Isn't she sweet for thinking she deserves sleep?

8. Knock it off! This follows #7 after about 5 minutes of my antics.

9. For crying out loud! Mother-Effing STOP! Like clockwork, this little beauty comes barreling out of her mouth immediately following #8. I love it when she whispers sweet nothings in my ear...

10. Brad Pitt called for you today. This is usually followed by a yawn from me, a quick roll of the eyes and a sigh. Yes, mother, he always calls for me. Tell him I'm "unavailable" until he stops insisting I change my name to Kukka-Maria-Jolie-Pitt, thankyouverymuch.

11. Magoo. This is short of Kukka-Magooka. I am not proud of this. I am horrified I am choosing to share this with you. When she refers to me by this idiotic moniker, I only come running to make her feel good (and because, 42% of the time, there are treats involved).

12. You are NOT going outside! How many times must we cover this? With all due respect, woman, we will cover this one eleventy-four times per day until you finally realize you are unjustly containing me in a prison-like domicile that only offers me a bottomless bowl of food, treats on demand, loving strokes on my chin and a litter box scooped daily. FREE KUKKA! FREE KUKKA!

13. I know you insist on "hunting" insects that somehow get into the house--and I thank you for that, but must you leave dismembered cricket carcasses scattered on the floor? Yes, ma'am. Yes I must.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


16 comments:

Gigolo Kitty said...

What's wrong with biting bros?

Kukka-Maria said...

GK...I have no idea! You know what they say:

"Bite bros before hos."

Carmen said...

you know, kukka, you should add "Free Kukka" to your couture collection. Or "Team Kukka" (you know, like "Team Nick" or "Team Jessica.")

If it makes you feel any better. No is a popular word in my house, too, but "no"body listens.

Kukka-Maria said...

Carmen, you are bah-rilliant! I hope, of course, you are not looking for a monetary design credit.

Remember how stingy I am...

The Mitz said...

Oh, how I can relate to your list, oh Royal and Rockin' KM!!!! But why isn't Brad Pitt calling me???? I think he is getting ready to change wives again, race ya!!!!

Headbonks, your new pal, The Mitz

The Meezers said...

i don't know what's wrong wif biting bros eifurr. oh and FREE KUKKA, FREE KUKKA. - Miles

Cheysuli said...

A lovely list. I completely understand where you are coming from. You must have a new agent!

Junior said...

Kukka,

You are one funny kitty! My Moewmy had tears running down her face reading about the Amazing Race.

JM Snyder said...

Thanks for visiting my TT! Funny how many of the phrases your list are common to all cat-owners, especially #7 (Jelly is horrid with waking me up at 3 AM!).

Have a great day!

Brony said...

Very funny.
Thanks.
Happy TT.

Kailani said...

Sometimes I think my felines think "No, stop it!" is their real names.

George, Tipper, Max & Misty said...

All excellent phrases with appropriate responses! Having heard #7, 8 & 9 myself last night while yowling in the hallway from midnight to 4AM, I can personally attest to their effectiveness.

George

Zeus said...

Your grasp of the English language is amazing, Kukka! You are so astute! I think we could all do with some lessons from you!

NOLADawn said...

Love it!!! Free Kukka for sure!! I soooo need that on a water bottle! *hint*

Barbara said...

Very funny TT. Love your list. Love your blog. I will be checking back in. TFS

Danielle said...

LOL...you reminded me that I don't miss my pretty little kitty from college. The gorgeous black one that insisted on sitting on my chest licking mascara from my eyelashes as I slept.