Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday Thirteen, Edition #6


Thirteen Ways to Tell if Your
Royal Feline/Celebrity Blogging Cat is Sick


  1. She went out drinking with "the girls" last night.


  2. While flipping throug the television channels, you stumble upon a telethon in her honor.


  3. She's lying on the couch with a pitiful face, watching The Price is Right.


  4. The exorbitant psychiatric bills.


  5. You see her "hardship" story featured on Good Morning America.


  6. You begin to receive "Get Well" cards in the mail, addressed to her.


  7. There is a film of dried Pepto Bismol around her mouth.


  8. You see "Ginger Ale" and "Saltines" suddenly appear on your grocery list.


  9. You smell the strong stench of Vick's VapoRub on your hand after petting her.


  10. She stays in her pajamas all day.


  11. The heating pad is covered with fur.


  12. She begs you to call in to work for her.


  13. The eye patch.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


23 comments:

Carmen said...

You guys aren't sick over there, are you? That would be awful, because then, Kukka, you couldn't record my song! The horror! Noooooo!

Happy Thursday

Sparky Duck said...

Ahh, now my cats love for Vicks Vapor Rub is explained. Thanks for a peek behind the curtain.

amy said...

Great post...my cats like the smell of anything vanilla

Cheysuli said...

And why would you ever get out of your pajamas anyway?

And may I say the picture of you with Vapo Rub on your fur is NOT appealing. Really Kukka...

Doug Hoffman said...

Oy, that is one sick kitty :( Hope she feels better.

...my 2 cents said...

A great list, I especially like #10! Hope you're feeling okay!

Have a great Thursday!

Renee said...

I hope you're feeling better soon Kukka.

Anonymous said...

As soon as the proce of allergy-free cats drops down from $4,000 to something like $15.00 I'll get a cat, maybe.

Thanks for visiting TT -13 reasons you know it's 2006

Brony said...

I'll be sure to watch my cat for any of those signs.

Happy TT!

Kukka-Maria said...

Just to reassure you guys...I am not sick. As a royal feline/celebrity blogging cat, I thought it important to educate everyone on the care of these creatures--even though the demographic for my advice is very, very, very, very narrow (I think there is but one documented case of a royal feline/celebrity blogging cat).

I've seen royal felines. I've seen celebrity cats. I've seen blogging cats.

But whoever that one perfect combo is...I think her care (I'm assuming it's a her and she is gray and black tiger striped with a pristine white belly) is of the utmost importance.

Thank you for your well-wishes, though. The next time I have the sniffles, I'll come back here and read your comments.

The Meezers said...

kukka? is you sick? does you need purrs and snuggles? - Miles

Bubba said...

It is so nice to meet you, Empress. Hope you feel better soon!

Come stop by my blog sometime. We promise a feline-safe, chihuahua-free environment there.

Bubba

George, Tipper, Max & Misty said...

Whew! At first we thought you might really be sick, but after reading the comments, we're relieved to see you're OK. We don't know what that Vapo Rub junk is, but it sounds icky.

Love,
Tipper

Dane Bramage said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I missed the telethon though.

My Thursday 13, #13 "Things I am Thankful for Today" Edition is up. Stop by if you get a chance.

kailani said...

Oh no, is The Empress feeling under the weather? Say it isn't so!

Danielle said...

Ginger-ale...saltines...maybe those pregnancy rumors are true Kukka?!

Happy Thursday :-)

William said...

Kukka, I hope you got lots of treats and roses for that performance!

Pamela said...

Hardee har har har har....
.. love your thiretten
My cat,
The Contessa nearly gave me a heart attack last friday night. I should be the one with all these symptoms.

Mama Duck said...

Well, I think you should be using baby-vaporub, as that adult stuff is STRONG and might peel off some of your fur ;).

Jenny Ryan said...

Love #2!

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll feel better soon!
Happy TT!

Zeus said...

How do you even get the Vick's off of your fur? That's beyond gross just thinking about it. I wouldn't want to put it on my fur, clump it up, and then try to lick it off for my bath. Ick, ick, ick!

Tinker said...

get well soon!