Tuesday, November 14, 2006

It's Official. I'm Funny!

My agent has called me a lot of things over the years, but "funny" is not one of them. I would have thought that chewing through a brand new bag of food on the counter and spilling nuggets all over the kitchen was hilarious enough to warrant this term, but no. I've tried oh-so-hard to amuse her by flicking things off of the nightstand and dresser while she tries to sleep, but alas...no "funny" there.

I know! I know! It puzzles me, too! Finally, though, someone has recognized my true talent! Suck that, Agent!


Kailani, from The Pink Diary, has honored me by awarding me the ROFL Award for October (that would be Rolling On the Floor Laughing Award, for those of you who booted up your computer for the first time...ever...and needed me to define it). The post that had her ROFL was my Thursday 13 that outlined my campaign promises. It's a shame I wasn't really running for anything! I know now I would have had at least one vote!

I met Kailani a few months ago at Wendy's Casting Call and, based on what she wrote in her tribute to me, it seems I've changed her life for the better. While she didn't say it directly, one can assume it's the thought of me that gets her out of bed each morning, and visions of me that soothe her to sleep at night. It's my face she sees in every rainbow and my lilting meow she hears as the waves tumble in on the beaches of Hawaii.

I am truly humbled.

[Editor's note: Kukka is using the word "humbled," but I suspect she has absolutely no idea what it means.]

Things like this make me realize how incredibly lucky the world is to have me.

[Editor's note: See?]

I hope I can be a beacon of humor for those who are lost in cyberspace and an inspiration to my fellow mediocre bloggers out there!

[Editor's note: I told her "mediocre" meant "fabulously talented." Snort.]

So, thank you, Kailani, for the wonderful compliment.

Thank you, also, to Mommy off the Record and Izzy Mom for creating this award especially for me. It was created especially for me, right?

Lastly, but not leastly, I have to give some fierce "big ups" to my devoted readers. It's no wonder why you like me, but I do realize you have a choice whilst browsing blogs, so I thank you for stopping by here.

Now, please excuse me while I grab this award and do a few victory laps around the house.

19 comments:

Carmen said...

I saw this on Kailani's blog this morning! Congratulations to you! (Though I'm sure you were expecting something of this nature)

As I've often said, I have water droplets on my computer screen from reading your blog while taking a sip of a drink. ;)

The Meezers said...

concatulations Kukka!

Anonymous said...

Well, Kukka, based on some of your recent (e.g.Britney slumber party) posts, you may be deserving of the award again for November.

Renee said...

That's why I'm here... one of the funniest cats around. :D

kailani said...

Congratulations! As expected, you were very umm . . . modest about your award. LOL!

Gemini said...

Congratulations Kukka!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How are you planning to celebrate?

tiggerprr said...

Congratulations!!! Such a picture of modesty too... hehe

brandywine said...

Congradulations! I'm happy to hear that you're gaining more recognition from the masses! I think it is great that it doesn't cloud your opinion of yourself. (easy on the victory laps, maybe ride Brach?)

Kukka-Maria said...

You all are so sweet (and completely accurate in your favorable perception of me)!

Mert, I think I'm going to pour some appletinis and bask in the glory of this achievement. I'm sure my agent has rigged the living room with confetti and balloons that will drop (and she will subsequently have to vacuum) and, based on Brandywine's suggestion, Brach will probably carry me around the house for the next few days. I mean, I didn't pay major clams for a saddle for nothing!

Tiggerprr, what is this "MODESTY" of which you speak? I've never heard the term...

William said...

Was there a cash prize involved too? You could get your own place then.

Kukka-Maria said...

Oh Squilliam! I wish every day to have my own place--where I can run naked through the halls, feast on treats 24/7, and keep Brach in a cage (or maybe not let him live with me at all...I'm still undecided).

If there were a cash prize, my agent would take her usual cut of 99%. I sure wish I would have had better legal representation when I signed that contract!

Sophia said...

Fabulous Dahlink *air kiss* muia-muia

Zeus said...

I feel like this is where I should say, "Yeah...(dramatic pause) funny-looking," but I'm pretty sure that that's where I'll get slapped as well. My whisker humps are very sensitive right now so I will just say congratulations again to a well-deserving lass!

Sparky Duck said...

There is obviously some sort of higher power, since they chose to bring Kukka into our world and heap award after award on her.

Pardon me, I think I threw up in my throat just now.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO KUKKA! Congratulations :)

one of us said...

Concatulations KukkaMaria ~Poiland Tribe

Pendullum said...

Congratulations!!!
I found you through Mr. Kevin Charnas' blog...
Glad I did...

NOLADawn said...

Congrats!! OF COURSE it was created for you Kukka dear...