Thursday, December 07, 2006

Thursday Thirteen, Edition #14


Thirteen Ways to Tell if Your Cat Hates Winter
  1. She spends hours each weekday morning watching the local news ticker, hoping to see that her daily activities have been cancelled due to the weather.


  2. He demands a mug of hot chocolate to warm his tongue before he grooms his nether-region.


  3. Throughout the night, she repeatedly launches air biscuits under the covers to keep herself warm...and you gagging.


  4. He doesn't want to do anything on the stormy weekends, but cuddle up on the couch and watch movies.


  5. She wears wool mittens around the house.


  6. He stands and warms his paws over his freshly deposited, steaming turd pile before burying it.


  7. Puss in Boots
  8. When examining your credit card statement, you find she's purchased 2 pair of Burberry Shearling Cuff Boots, for a total of $1190 (+ tax and shipping/handling) to keep all four of her paws warm. (On a side note, having more to do with her ego than winter, she demands you call her "Super-Sexy Puss in Boots.")


  9. She sneezes. You bless her. She rolls her eyes, sniffs her nose and says, "Keep your blessings and hook a sister up with some Zicam and a glass of orange juice with a double shot of vodka!"


  10. He wears long underwear.


  11. She stops shaving her legs. "It doesn't matter in the winter anyway..."


  12. He leaves brochures for Carnival Cruises all over the house as hints for a tropical vacation.


  13. Each time he approaches his food bowl, he demands his kibble be put in the microwave for 32 seconds to "take the edge off."


  14. She refuses to help you brush the snow off your car in the morning. Selfish bitch.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


    29 comments:

    The Tower Hill Mob said...

    Air biscuits?

    Domestic Goddess said...

    You make me laugh out loud!

    Love the boots!

    The Meezers said...

    hahahahahaha I poot unner the covers too, 'acause mommy has the cool air blowy fings going all freaking year long. - Miles

    Kukka-Maria said...

    TTHB: Oh, you'd know a kitty air biscuit if you smelled one!

    DG: Thanks for the boot compliment! They were worth every penny of the $1190 my agent paid for them!

    Miles: "POOT?" Love it!

    Carmen said...

    funny, that's how I get through winter as well. minus the air buscuits. :)

    Cheysuli said...

    Love the boots. I'm going to go find some. I think they go well with my hat...

    Gattina said...

    Does she dare to walk with such expensive shoes ?? Lol !

    Anonymous said...

    Too funny! :D Thanks for the laughs Kukka-Maria. :)

    I'll forgive you for saying Dragonheart looks like a pug. ;) And don't worry, I won't tell him.

    Have a purrfect day. :)

    Renee said...

    I'm wondering how Carmen is licking her nether regions...LOL!

    I think that you would like my heated mattress pad, Kukka. It goes all the way up to 10 but I usually just set it at low to warm the bed before getting in.

    I don't like winter either! Trying to talk DH into getting me an electric throw blanket for the couch!

    Kukka-Maria said...

    OMG, Renee! I didn't even think about that from Carmen's comment. We'll have to ask her how/why/when/where she does that! :)

    Anonymous said...

    Hee! Quite a lot of those describe me, too.

    mar said...

    Promised to come back with enough time to read your post and voila! two birds with one stone since I am a Thirteener too :)
    I don't have a cat so I couldn't tell...but your list is wonderful, who made the wook mittens for the cat???? :)
    happy TT!

    Anonymous said...

    ROTFL. Why bother to shave your legs, indeed ;).

    Sparky Duck said...

    Hey isnt #4 what cats do every weekend?

    Katherine said...

    Ha, #8 really cracked me up! My cats just go comatose in front of the fireplace. I think they'd hurt me in my sleep if I didn't turn it on for them each night. Oh, here from Sam's!

    The "Mind" said...

    Super-Sexy Puss in Boots. LOL! Love it.

    Da Dog does his best to turn himself into Roast Beast. He lays directly in front of either the propane heater, the floor vent, or under an afghan. He's a bigger wuss than me and he's covered in fur! LOL!

    Thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods.

    Anonymous said...

    I hope you get to go on your tropical cruise... sounds wonderful!!

    Like the boots!!

    tiggerprr said...

    You ARE super sexy Puss in Boots! You ARE, You ARE! :)

    Anonymous said...

    Air biscuits LOL! Now you know why we blame the cat!

    Thanks for visiting my Thursday Thirteen #22 Hat Tip Edition

    Danielle said...

    Yeah, the only things I like about winter are cozy sweatshirts and cuddling by a cozy fire...those boots might make it more bearable though!

    Zeus said...

    I can't even imagine spending $1000 or more on food, let alone, a pair of Burberry boots. I also don't know that I would resort to warming my paws using my own feces, but if it had to come to that, I suppose I would do what was necessary.

    Goodness, winter sucks.

    Lady Jane Scarlett said...

    I'm now snarfing, and that's not a good thing when eating yogurt. Thanks Kukka!

    local girl said...

    I keep telling my cats that they should be grateful they live in a warm climate.

    Teena said...

    Byron and Morgan couldn't have said it better :)

    Thanks for stopping by mine :)

    Hot(M)BC said...

    Great boots, Kukka!

    Susan said...

    right on with #10 Kukka! (and the vodka, come to that :)

    K T Cat said...

    Love your puss in boots image!

    WendyWings said...

    Those boots are to die for darling, just swinging by to say I am BACKKKKKK in blogland and have finally updated, oh yeah and to beg for votes.Momma needs a new camera !
    I am hopefully back into the swing of things now.

    Anonymous said...

    See, this is the reason you are on my Thursday 13 List of My Favorite Bloggers....you never let us down you super sexy puss in boots LOL You are ALWAYS makin' me laugh!!!