Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ode to Liquid Love


My precious tuna water...
Your polished surface glimmers in the sun
Only interrupted by peaks of stray, fishy flesh.
Tuna Juice, I love you.


I lap your sweet saltiness from the plate
With a speed and vigor unmatched by mere mortals.
I think you were created just for me.
Tuna Juice, I heart you something fierce!


Occasionally, when I inhale on the down-swing, you remind me who's boss.
Sneaking into my nostrils and make me choke?
Nice move...I respect your authority.
Tuna Juice, will you be mine forever?


Make no mistake, Tuna Juice,
When my nose bumps Brach's as we fight to partake of just more than our share,
We are not sucking face!
Tuna Juice, I would NEVER cheat on you!


You hold a special place in my stomach,
At least until I deposit you into the litter box.
But your spot in my heart is permanent.
Tuna Juice, I'd marry you if you'd have me.

And, if it were legal.

6 comments:

Cheysuli and gemini said...

Ah what a lovely tribute. Now I must go find something to eat or drink.

DaisyMae Maus said...

That was EPIC! Excellent job, Empress. Your way with words is downright Shakespearean.
DMM

The Meezers said...

what a great poem!!

i would marry ham if i could.

Miles

The Crew said...

What a way you have with words, my dear. You've captured my feelings perfectly.

You know, at first I didn't realize that was you in the picture. Have you taken to touching up your fur?

George

Anonymous said...

How is it that everybody just knows to call the stuff Tuna Juice, without ever having been taught the term? Proves that it must be really magical stuff!

Great poem, Kukka.

Amanda said...

i kept being distracted from the poem by the fact that the tuna juice was being served over a CARPET. i, myself, am not a delicate enough tuna juice lapper and was imagining calamity the whole time.